Terms of Service & Conditions
All items are guaranteed live and in good condition upon arrival (other than winter or summer orders) under reasonable terms. We are not responsible for extreme temperatures during transit or any factors that may be beyond our control. Reasonable effort is made to support the live delivery of fragile species, but they are shipped at the buyer's risk. Please contact your vendor for additional details.
Terms of Service:
- FloraFauna vendors ships products during the week Monday-Wednesday with the exception of holidays.
- FloraFauna ships UPS Next Day Air overnight for delivery by 10:30 AM the following day if available in your area. Sorry, no second day shipments. Freight costs range from $34.94 - $64.95 depending upon size and quantity of the product that is ordered. No charge for boxes or heat packs.
- The buyer must be present to receive the package on the first delivery attempt or all guarantees are void.
- Live, healthy arrival is only guaranteed when shipping temperatures at both ends are between 30-90F. Please notify us of the weather on your end!
- We are not responsible for carrier delays or mishandling resulting in DOA* of specimens.
- Unless otherwise stated, we offer a 7 day health guarantee on our captive bred animals only, provided the above criteria are met, and our recommendations and care sheet instructions are followed. We must be notified during this time period of any problems or concerns for this guarantee to be upheld.
- Wild caught animals (Some larger pond turtles or adult tortoises) have a live arrival guarantee only.
- In order for our guarantee to take effect, all claims must be made within our 7 day health guarantee and any deceased animals frozen and kept for return.
- We cannot be held responsible for shipping charges incurred for upholding our guarantee, they are the responsibility of you, the buyer. We do not offer credits or refunds on shipping for replacement animals.
- If the animal is DOA* the customer must notify FloraFauna of the DOA* within an hour of receiving the animal. The time will be determined by the receipt time UPS provides online of the delivery. An email with a photo attached of the actual animal must be received within that hour or all guarantees are null and void.
- We reserve the right to refuse sale to any buyer, for any reason. Sorry, no sales to minors. Proof of age may be required at our discretion.
- Photos and requests: The specimens and products pictured on our web site may or may not be the actual specimen(s) available unless it is specified by the vendor. The photos do represent the species, and the health and quality of the animals we ship. Sorry, but it is not always practical to provide photos of every individual turtle (certain exceptions may apply). Photos, descriptions and care sheets posted on our web site are the exclusive property of FloraFauna, and may not be used or reused without our specific, written permission.
- In accordance with FDA regulations, turtles and tortoises under 4 inches listed on our web site are offered expressly for educational, scientific or export purposes only. They are not sold for use as pets. Teachers may request a discount for your school if available.
- Contact: Email is the best way to reach us. If you have specific questions/requests, feel free to ask; we will respond accordingly. If a phone call makes more sense for those who type slowly (like me) we can be reached Monday - Friday from 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM, and on Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM at: (301) 980-9511. Remember, our care sheets answer most commonly asked husbandry questions.
- Temperature Sexing: Many species require considerable age to determine gender. We offer very few temperature sexed species - and these come from very reputable, long established breeders. If they are sexable, the vendor will indicate as such in the item description.
- We cannot do trades. If you wish to sell a product, apply to become a FloraFauna vendor.
- Please be aware of your own local wildlife laws and regulations. No shipments will be knowingly sent in violation of any state or federal laws. Please do not even ask.
- Sorry, we do not export, but we do work with several experienced exporters who may purchase from us for export (dealers only).
- Please note that your failure to read our terms and conditions, whether intentional or accidental will under no circumstances be reason to consider them altered or void.
The information contain in these care sheets represents only the opinions and husbandry care of members and therefore is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate or reflects the advice or opinions of Florafauna.com. It is always advised to seek additional information or the advice of a qualified veterinarian or qualified reptile dealer. It is also advisable for you to a good amount of research before implementing any of the ideas and care described in these care sheets. We also recommend you ask many questions in their related forums before acting on any information.
Customers Frequently Purchased: